Courtesy of http://www.CaliforniaGoldBBQRubRecipes.com
We first encountered Brazi Bites Cheese Bread Snacks at the Gluten Free (GF) Expo in Pasadena in June 2014. In a ballroom dominated by Sweet GF Treats, it was really a delight to discover these savory Gems. Made with Tapioca Starch, the texture is soft and smooth. The Cheese Bread Snacks (with Parmesan, Cheddar and Bacon) didn’t taste anything like Diet Food. In fact, the intense Cheesy flavor is like the Deep Fried Cheddar Balls that are popular in Chicago and Wisconsin. The Fresh Baked Buns make them especially delectable. Perfect for the 4th of July, or any party. No one will ever guess that these delicious Mini-Burgers are GF.
Pão de queijo is the local Brazilian term for the Cheese Breads, that are usually made with Manoic flour and Minas Cheese. Both POWER or HEROIC! Herb and Spice Rubs contain some of typical flavors found in some Brazil’s Cuisine, including Paprika, Onion, Garlic, Cumin, Fennel, Allspice and Cinnamon. To make your BraziBurgers taste even more authentic, feel free to add Cayenne Pepper for spice and substitute Cilantro for the Basil in the Mayoli.
BACON CHEDDAR BRAZiBURGERS with SMOKY GRILLED ONION AND BASIL MAYOLI
(For 10 Mini-Burgers)
1 lb. Ground Beef (80/20 suggested)
2 tbsp. HEROIC! Herb and Spice Blend (by California Gold BBQ Rubs)
1 tbsp. Worcestershire Sauce
1 tsp. Fresh Ground Black Pepper
1/2 tsp. Salt
10 frozen Cheese Bread Brazi Bites with Bacon
1 Cup GF Mayonnaise
1/3 Cup Chopped Fresh Basil
2 Thick Slices White Onion
1+1/2 tbsp. HEROIC! Blend
Cooking Instructions: (If no access to Grill, feel free to use indoor Grill Pan, Skillet or Broiler)
1. Preheat Oven to 400 Degrees and BBQ Grill to Medium High. Mix Ground Beef evenly with BBQ Rub, Worcestershire Sauce, Salt and Pepper. Separate into 10 Mini 1.5 oz. Burger Patties.
2. Place frozen Brazi Bites 1 inch apart on Baking Sheet (slightly greased or parchment lined). Bake for 20 Minutes or until Golden Brown.
3. Season Onion Slices on both sides with 1 Tbsp. BBQ Rub, then Grill for 5 Minutes each Side. Grill Mini-Burgers for 2 Minutes per side (or to desired doneness). Don’t walk away, they cook really quickly.
4. Once Onions are done, Chop them into a small mince, and mix with Mayonnaise, Basil and 1/2 Tbsp. BBQ Rub.
5. Gently slice Brazi Bites in half to form Buns. Fill each with one Burger and a generous Dollup of Mayoli. Serve and Enjoy. [We had optional GF Mustard, Pickle Chips and HEROIC! Ketchup/BBQ Sauce as condiments.]
Brazi Bites (Available in Los Angeles at Whole Foods)- http://www.brazibites.com/
The Brazi Bites Story on Martha Stewart American Made-https://my.marthastewart.com/content/brazi-bites
California Gold BBQ Rubs- http://www.californiagoldrub.com
HEROIC! on Amazon.com- http://www.amazon.com/HEROIC-BBQ-Gluten-Free-Added/dp/B00IEEYCRQ