Of course everyone has a favorite Cheeseburger, whether it’s from a restaurant, fast food place or made in your kitchen. While some taste good, who knows what Additives and Fillers go into those big commercial Burgers? Not to mention the Salt. Whether you are on a restricted diet or not, you can make the best Burgers ever- right at home. And you’ll know exactly what’s in them.
If you have a great home Hamburger recipe, don’t be shy- feel free to share it with us. Our favorite recipe is very simple. It includes using POWER Rub if you don’t mind the low levels of Salt and Sugar. Or use the new HEROIC! Blend which is all natural with no Sugar or Salt added to it. Both Herb and Spice Blends are Gluten Free and contribute tons of flavor to your meat, whether you choose to Grill it, Fry it, or Broil it.
Lighter diets can skip the Chili, Cheese and Bacon and this Burger would still be delicious. For this recipe we used Dolores Chili, a local Los Angeles brand that can be found in a brick in your store’s freezer or refrigerated section. The flavor rivals some of the best Chili Stands out there. In fact, many restaurants use it. But it does contain some preservatives. So feel free to substitute an Organic Chili or leftover Chili made at home with our Chili Recipe.
SMOKY BACON CHILI CHEESEBURGERS (For 4 persons)
Prep Time: 30 Minutes
Cook Time: 15 Minutes
1 1/3 lb. Ground Beef or Sirloin
1/2 Large Onion (White, Yellow or Red)
8 Strips Thick Cut Bacon (Recommend Nueske’s Triple-Thick Butcher Cut Bacon, if you can get some)
4 Pretzel Burger Buns (or may use Gluten Free Buns)
4 Slices Cheddar Cheese
4 Leaves Butter Lettuce (8 if Small, may also substitute Iceberg or Romaine)
4 Large Slices Heirloom Tomato
3 1/2 Tbsp. POWER or HEROIC! BBQ Rub
1 Tbsp. Worcestershire Sauce
1 Tsp. Salt and 1/2 Tsp. Fresh Ground Pepper (or to taste)
[Optional Mayonnaise and/or Mustard]
1. Mix Beef with 1 and 1/2 Tbsp. BBQ Rub, Worcestershire Sauce, Salt and Pepper to taste. Separate into 4 even balls, then flatten into patties.
2. Sprinkle both sides of Bacon evenly with 1 and 1/2 Tbsp. BBQ Rub. Cook it in pan, on Grill or Microwave on High between 2 paper towels for 3 Minutes. Then flip bacon and cook for 2 additional minutes.
3. Cut Onion into thick slices, seasoning each side using 1/2 Tbsp. BBQ Rub.
4. Heat Chili while cooking Burgers (to desired doneness) on Grill, Fry/Grill Pan or under Medium High Broiler. Melt Cheese on Burgers during last 2 Minutes of cooking. If room, put Onions on the side or add them to pan afterwards to cook until tender. If using pan, you could cook Bacon (drain), then Onions to add flavor to pan before making Burgers.
5. If time, also briefly heat sliced Pretzel Buns on Grill, In Pan or Oven for 1 to 2 Minutes.
6. To serve, spread Buns with optional Mayonnaise and/or Mustard. Place Grilled Onions and 2 folded strips of Bacon on each Burger before topping with hot Chili. Lettuce and Tomatoes. Enjoy with Potato Chips, topped with extra Chili and Cheese. Yum.
Courtesy of California Gold BBQ Rubs
California Gold BBQ Rubs on Amazon.com
POWER (Lower Salt and Sugar) http://www.amazon.com/California-Gold-BBQ-Power–10oz/dp/B00CVCMR88
HEROIC! (No added Salt or Sugar) http://www.amazon.com/HEROIC-BBQ-Gluten-Free-Added/dp/B00IEEYCNA